Monday, May 26, 2008

A Really, Really Thick Envelope

This is so much more exciting than getting accepted to college! (Don't tell the admissions office I said that. I'm working for them next year, and I don't think they'd appreciate that last comment.) I got a thick envelope in the mail today with the first round of official pageant information and forms to fill out. Oh, and I mustn't forget the check. And no, I don't mean they sent me a check (if only). I mean I have to send them one ... The first of many, I'm sure, since there's no way they can expect this $1095 to come in all at once.

I'll have to work on getting some sponsors, because there's no way my parents will pay for this, and I (starving college student that I am) certainly don't have that kind of money. I'm sure I'll procrastinate on this, but I wouldn't be doing things my way if I started writing sponsorship request letters at a reasonable time. And if I'm going to win this thing (which I am), I'm going to do it my way!

No comments: